Monday, October 6, 2008

A night in the emergency room

Thom woke up in the middle of the night with abdominal pains, which turned into nausea, which turned into worse abdominal pains. I was in the middle of weatherstripping and rushed him to the emergency room. Ten hours later I am now home. After myriad tests they found he had appendicitis and took him in for surgery at 9:30 - by 10:15 he was out. Very easy and all went swimmingly. He has three little band-aids - that's it.

He's spending the night in the hospital and I'm home to feed the cat and get a few hours of sleep before I re-join him in the morning (did I mention another nice thing about our house is that it's 3 blocks away from the hospital?). Send him your healing thoughts, friends. He feels so much better already!

And, bonus: the surgeon took some really cool photos of the appendix - pre- and post - maybe I'll post them :)

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Thank goodness! I'm glad all went relatively smoothly and that Thom is feeling better already. He's in my thoughts. You are too!

sarah said...

Oh my gosh! Glad he's OK - that's crazy! Hope you feel better, Thom.

Unknown said...

Hey Flav.... Hope you're doing good. I would like to come up and see you sometime.