Saturday, June 21, 2008

Not much of an update


Since 78 of you (hooray, I put up a counter!) have checked my blog this week and saw that absolutely nothing new has happened I thought I'd let you in on what's what.


We've had a rainy week so the painting of the garage has stalled out until it clears up a bit. We're excited that the real painters will be coming next week, though, to fix up the side of our house facing the street that has seen better days (see above). We were able to confirm, through our neighbor, that the previous owner did indeed only paint one side of the house at a time and this was obviously the next one up before she passed away. I'm not sure how much time we'll have before the next side takes a turn for the worse. Anyway, it will be nice not to have this eyesore so visible.
Beyond that, we're just doing a lot of waiting. Waiting for the rain to go away, waiting for painters, and waiting for my summer teaching and research money to enter my bank account. Once that happens, we'll be doing some hard core work on the kitchen, which I am terribly excited about. And, for those of you who know me in other contexts beyond this, my lack of house-worthy blogging has been stalled out by a book contract I got this week. I'm furiously writing trying to get it done before summer is over so we'll see how this affects home improvement. Oh, yes, I will return to my first love! I just need to make the money to keep financing it...

No comments: