Sunday, May 4, 2008

Planning for kitchen

I think I finally wore Thom down and talked him into painting the kitchen cabinets. As much as we'd like to completely renovate the kitchen I don't think we'll be able to afford it for awhile and painting seems like a much cheaper way to update the kitchen. I think we'll go white and (re)paint the kitchen a silvery-blue color and that way I can get my slate backsplash. We're also looking at the Ikea wood countertops that are dirt cheap. We're still considering cork flooring and also looking at the faux tin ceiling since we already have the dropped ceiling in the kitchen - we'll just put in some can lights and a new pendant. Anyway, I think for a few hundred dollars we can make it look really nice.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a good idea... wish we would have had cabinets in good enough condition to paint! I think it will look really nice from your description.