Friday, May 2, 2008

Oh #@*%!



Beware ye who taketh down the old wallpaper.

I was rocking and rolling priming the downstairs hallway and thought, hey, why don't I just prime the downstairs bathroom while I'm at it (it's literally the smallest bathroom I've ever seen - it may even rival an airplane bathroom for size -- Thom calls it the Harry Potter Bathroom being under the stairs and all).  Anyway, the wallpaper has been peeling off so I just figured, what the heck. Well, I came to discover this beautiful mold lurking under the wallpaper on the ceiling. You can also see the get-up I donned to pull off the wallpaper. 

So, now I'm not sure what to do. I know, after living in Louisiana after Katrina, that one can use hot water and bleach but I wonder how much of this is in the drywall. Do we just yank the drywall out or will bleach work? Any ideas? What a mess...

No comments: