Monday, July 11, 2011

Powder Room Reno: Day 3 continued

Sheesh! Finally! After 4 hours of scraping today, I have finally removed all of the flooring and residual adhesive from the floor. I'm sure, however, that using the hair dryer to loosen the adhesive may have released some noxious fumes. Now, I've traded in those fumes for others. I decided to try something different this time for the tile underlayment instead of the Ditra. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Ditra and, a year later, I still have no cracked tiles or grout on my bathroom floor. However, the mortar they suggested using made me feel like I was taking years off my life with the cancer warnings all over it. So now I'm trying the EasyMat system and the primer, I'm sure, is just as noxious. Geez. Why can't anyone invent anything more environmentally (and human) friendly?

So, I'm waiting for the primer to dry and then I'll put on the mat. I doubt I'll do any tiling today, unfortunately. I think by the time I get that all measured and cut, me and my back will need to call it a day. Tiling tomorrow morning, I hope. I can maybe then work on installing the light/fan while the mastic dries. If I'm lucky, grouting the floor on Wednesday, putting in the new toilet on Thursday, and then I can do the wall tile and touch up the paint on Friday and grout the wall on Saturday. Best laid plans... I don't even know why I bother putting this in writing - I'm so jinxing myself right now.

No comments: