Sunday, July 17, 2011

Powder Room Reno: Day 6

Back from the brief hiatus, folks. I had a few days of other projects to which to attend but I have returned for a few items on the reno to-do list. First, was removing the haze from the tile after grouting on Thursday. If you can ignore the dirty baseboards, you can see the result of the work. I went with a gray on the floor grout for the black and white marble tile. I'm pretty pleased with it - I would have liked white grout but I know that's ridiculous to keep clean on a floor:
And basic white on the wall grout with the glass tile:
Cleaning off and buffing each and every single individual tile is no mere task. It took quite a while - but it's done. So, I next started on patching up the holes around what will be the new light and cleaning up the holes in the plaster made by removing the old chair rail:
You'll see, however, that the despicable grab bar is still there. I had a time removing the ones upstairs, too - it seems the only way to get rid of them is to either destroy the wall (which I did upstairs) or to cut out the screws with a hacksaw. Neither option is terribly fun nor clean. Ugh. I think I may attempt some more work on it later as I wait for the JC to dry around the light and the outlet/switch. Next will be to install the toilet but I'm a little nervous to attempt it myself given the fact that it's a one-piece and quite heavy. Nevertheless, there isn't much room to maneuver for more than one person. We'll see what I can manage. Back to work tomorrow (the kind for which I get paid) so things will slow down a bit here. Wish me luck finishing up this puppy!

4 comments:

sarah said...

Nice! It's looking great! You are so speedy - We're still behind on our bathroom and there are two of us!

Karen Anne said...

I am really liking both tiles.

Karen Anne said...

Is the grab bar in the way? I was very happy to have grab bars in my bathroom (my Mom had them installed some time ago) when I broke my foot.

Anonymous said...

Drench in the Sun Sea and Style with Flights to Miami.The city of Miami offers many amazing sites captivating the heart and soul of the vacationers planning a relaxing escape. Cheap Flights to MiamiWhether one desires for assorted activities, fine dinning or a rocking nightlife the city has it all. Visit Crystal Travels to book for a journey to the splendid beaches and the vivacious inbounds sites. Flights to Miami