Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Wallpaper removal - room 4



I finished taking down wallpaper in what we are calling our guest room, the second biggest bedroom. I am happy that it's going as smoothly as it is. The next removal will be in what Thom calls his "man village," a.k.a. his office. It's the smallest room so it should go pretty quickly. I am putting off the last wallpaper-laden space, the downstairs and upstairs hallway as I dread this task. It doesn't look to be the type of wallpaper that was in any of the other rooms (the peel off top layer and bottom layer that comes right off when it's wet). We had purchased this product online called Wallwik and it's been great. It's just an enzyme based solution and really makes the whole process go very quickly and easily. No fumes, non-toxic, and just mixed with water. It's fabulous and I highly recommend it.

Anyhoo, I think we're going to go with a light sage green color. I have been scoping out fabric to make curtains to coordinate and I think I also found some fabric to re-upholster the chair I got back in college from Goodwill in Minneapolis. I'm so domestically inclined I can't stand it.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sage green will look lovely in there!