Thursday, November 22, 2007

We give our thanks and try to put this out of mind today

I woke up to an email from our realtor. She doesn't think the sellers will walk away from this and that there's some negotiable room here. She offered one option: that we get an estimate and split the cost three ways (us, them, realtor). This was a new thing for me -- it shows me how much she wants to sell this house and how committed she is to us. She thinks they'll be more amenable to this -- I'm just not sure we are. I think we've given a lot here already. I suppose if it's only a few hundred dollars more we're talking about, that's fine -- if it's more like a few thousands, we're just going to have to forget about it.

I'm really trying not to think about it anymore today and just enjoy our first Thanksgiving (albeit a bit lonely) here in Maine. Happy Turkey Day to all of you!

No comments: