Well, there you have it, folks - a grouted floor. Of all my predictions and assumptions, only this one held to be true: Grouting floors is much easier than grouting walls. This morning was spent cleaning the house (as it had indeed gotten very nasty in the past two weeks) and doing the six - count them - six loads of laundry. This afternoon, I then spent cleaning the floor and carving out the grout lines. I decided to forgo the mixable kind (the whole 'this stuff causes cancer if looked at funny' freaks me out too much) and went and exchanged it for the pre-mixed grout, which I'm glad I did. Fortunately, the grouting helped to disguise some of the problem areas. Unfortunately, the color is much lighter than it looks on the box. I'm hoping it will darken up a bit as it dries but regardless I will treat the grout lines in a few days. I'll probably do the same in the shower too.
In other good news, Paul has offered to come by during an upcoming weekend and skim coat the tub ceiling for me. Faithful readers will recall that my prowess is less than stellar in this department. I can then paint it and be on my merry way.
Tomorrow is semi-wrap up day. With Thom's help, I will get the faucets on, the toilet in, the vanity and sink in, and then do a little happy dance (I hope). We'll tackle the rest of the punch list next weekend and beyond.