Saturday, August 9, 2008

On location: Stoughton, MA

I have escaped my DIY nightmare for a few days, coming down to visit one of my best friends from high school, Ginger, and her husband Pete. They just recently purchased an old Victorian and are working their way through renovating and renewing. Admittedly much more work than ours is (and about 25 years older), their house is just amazing. With the beautiful molding, gorgeous stained glass, and amazing trimwork, the house is a jewel.

Pete and Ginger have worked on about four houses now and this one is by far the biggest but since they moved in early spring, they've already had the entire house rewired, replumbed, and have just about completed the entire kitchen, added a laundry room, built a back porch, and have now skim coated and painted three other rooms. I can't wait to see how it all transforms after their hard work. It's like being in a candy store for me - I can hardly keep my paws to myself, wanting to start stripping wallpaper (ooh, they have amazing specimens here) and helping to strip the paint off the beautiful corbels in the front of the house. I'm trying to get them to start a blog to chronicle their hard work and join the community of housebloggers. I can imagine many of you equally swooning over the details of this amazing house. I'll try to score a few photos so you can see what I'm talking about.

No comments: